

Jon and I got to spend Thanksgiving in Ohio this year. It had been since Christmas that I got to spend any time there, so I was super excited. I couldn't sleep for days leading up to our trip - and if you know me, you know I can't stay awake for much past 9:00 p.m. One of the most notable experiences over those few days was having my dad fly me over our home, looking at the roads I had just run on earlier that morning, trying to find my uncle outside his home chopping wood. My dad logged a few hours of flight training many years ago (I imagine around the time he graduated from college, although I could be wrong about that.) In the past couple years, he bought a Cessna 140 and finished his training to become a pilot. I admit that I am a bit of a scaredy-cat, and did not anticipate ever going for a ride. Friday turned out to be an unusually nice autumn day, and I couldn't resist. My dad did not disappoint - it was a beautiful trip. He is very careful and, of course, very good and what he does. Besides my normal irrational fear of vehicles whether on the road or in the air, I felt very safe.
3 comments:
where are the pics of you in the plane with headphones on waving or screaming or something?
Long comment ahead.
Do you guys recall a certain hook yarn dove wall hanging you brought to (and left at) our house a number of years ago? A few years ago, Brian took that as his gift to a white elephant exchange with his forensics team. The other coach ended up with it. Last night at their Christmas party, the...beautiful...dove wall hanging was back. This, however, is not the point of the story. There were three or so kind of good gifts that had been stolen a few times throughout the exchange, so when the #1 person who gets to choose from any of the gifts at the end and simply exchange whatever he had with whatever he wants was up, I think it was assumed he would go for one of those. Instead, the dove wall hanging was the prize gift of the night (that was the only time during the evening it was stolen)!
What happened to your new years resolution to blog more? :(
Post a Comment