Thursday, July 9, 2009

She

Last night, as I was finishing folding the laundry and waiting for my dear husband to join me on the couch (and let's be honest, so I could snuggle into him and fall asleep as usual) I was getting a little impatient (it was 11:00.) I went in to the office to try to drag him away from whatever he was doing. I found him at the computer looking up baby names and meanings and making a list. This was extremely precious to me especially because most of our conversations about baby names involve me suggesting something and him either saying maaaaybe or no.

We found out yesterday that we will be having a girl. (7 out of 9 of you were right!) I've repeated this to Jon about fifty times since then. I just need to hear myself say it to help in sink in (for me). We are both very excited although I am fairly certain if they had said "boy" we would have been equally thrilled. I've had several months to get used to the idea of having a baby, and now that I can refer to her as "she" rather than "it", things seem to be more real. I know Jon will be an incredible father. He's always been gung-ho to hold babies and I feel like I'm getting closer to forming a picture of what it will be like to watch him hold our baby. . . girl. We are having a girl.

2 comments:

erin said...

Aw, sweet little Wiebe girl! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet...you guys will make some great parents.